fiddlehead.....every changing, ever growing

fiddlehead....ever changing, ever growing

Monday, February 21, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window. . .cold, icy.  So icy that the kids are home ALL DAY due to road conditions!

I am thinking. . .that I would like to start my spring cleaning.  Maybe spring will show up.

I am thankful for. . .the love and friendship in my life.  I really am.

From the kitchen. . . a lovely burning candle that smells so fresh.  Hot cup of chai tea.  fruit, lots of fruit.  again, a symbol of spring.

I am wearing. . .jeans, Packer t-shirt and long gray sweater.  I love gray right now.

I am creating. . .a new painting from our trip to Ethiopia almost a year ago.  Hope to get to it later today.  The link below is the companion piece to it.

I am going. . .(after Jack finishes his time out) to get all 7 kids in my house to the art studio 
(studio below...I know I'm spoiled)  ;) 


I am reading. . .   blogs & magazines,  right now because it is quick and satisfying.  "People" with Jennifer Aniston on the cover is for quiet time later today.  Rocks your world, i know.  There is a pile of great books bedside, which I will tackle on spring break.  Right now they just put me to sleep!


I am hoping. . for spring.   peace.  hope in the world.


I am hearing. . .6 kids laughing as they play, Bob the bulldog making noises playing with them, and 1 kid (Jack) whining to come out of  the"time out" spot.

Around the house. . .the kids are home from school with an "ice day".   It is busy and chaotic, but in a good way.

One of my favorite things. . . Gwen Frostic's book:  To Those Who See
To Those Who SeeIt is a book my grandmother gave me, that had been agift to her in 1973.  It is filled with poetry, beautiful papers and reflections of nature.  I recently shared it with my artist's group and they loved it too.  It is fantastic.

A few plans for the rest of the week. . . a couple days of the school routine, working out, eating better, getting in the art studio, watching a movie.  Then driving 5 hours to MN with 4 kids ALONE, to be with my Dad on his birthday, visit my family and  snuggle my baby niece, Eleanor.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .


5 comments:

Faith said...

Thanks for your comment about the Hugs from Henry project! Right now I have as many photographers as I can handle at the moment but I will definitely put you on the list!

Sarah Halstead said...

Wonderful post and photos. Love it.

Sarah Halstead said...

Wonderful post and photos.

Helen said...

Your sacred coffee painting is amazing! I hope you will post a photo of the newly finished companion piece soon!

Claudia said...

oh, your niece is just so beautiful!!!

Thank you for visiting the fiddlehead report!