I have always thought of myself as a "glass is half full" kind of person. Perhaps I am most of the time, but I think sometimes when I feel stressed I start to lose sight of that half full glass. This is precisely when I start feeling like I am sinking in that glass that my perspective changes. I feel negative, tired, anxious and tend to focus on what is wrong in my world. Obviously, during this transition in our family there is stress and I am trying to juggle many, many things. All by choice, but stressful none the less. So, while I didn't realize it I was seeing things a bit too half empty.
An ever insightful and wise soul friend, Margo, so kindly pointed out to me that perhaps I should look for "what is right".
Instead of feeling frustrated by, disappointed in or overwhelmed by what is wrong. This simple and yet powerful suggestion really flipped the switch in me! What is right...what is right...what is right! Gosh, there are soooo many things that are right! It is so much more pleasant and enjoyable to focus on what is right in my life.
So here goes.
Me focusing on....what is right, right now in this moment.
* Our sweet girl, home at last and happily napping in her crib
* My healthy babies, full of laughter, love and smiles
* A safe, warm, beautiful home to embrace our family
* Amazing friends and family supporting us....calling us, emailing us, visiting us
* Dinner is being delivered to my house every Monday and Thursday. Tonight is carmel french toast. Yummy.
* Andy has taken a half day off to be with us. yeh! He is wonderful
in so many ways.
* Our silly dog...he makes me laugh and always wants to snuggle
* It feels like spring! I can see the daffodils starting to peek up!
* The sun is out and that always lifts me up!
* There is mint chocolate chip ice cream in my freezer and I am not sharing
* My new diaper bag...it is fantastic, cute and will keep me organized
* Cecil, our old cat just rubbed my neck....looking for love.
* Tessa's curly, soft hair next to my cheek. Her little body in my arms. Her funny sounds and smile that lights up a room.
* I am surrounded by love, love, love. I know it and I feel it.
There are so many things going right.....I am staying on the "right" path.