I stood on my bath scale tonight. +10. yep, there it is!
Ugh....I am so frustrated. And since this is where I share all the good stuff, I am also going to share the downer of the day. I am +10 and it ticks me off. I have gained 10 pounds since my ruptured disk, which was in early May. I am so mad that I let this happen. Ugh. Before I injured my back I was really doing well in taking good care of myself. I had been eating well, drinking protein shakes, getting my workouts in and was 10 pounds lighter. I felt good and my clothes were fitting better. Then the back injury and the exercise was put on hold, even daily activity was limited. So, here I am 10 pounds heavier...and so mad that my indulgences got the best of me. I know what I did, too little movement while I ate whatever I felt like since I was hurting. Not hard to see that, but now I need to take off the chunk and that won't be any fun. Since I am so mad about my body right now I am going to use that number "10" and say out loud 10 positive things about gaining10 pounds.
1. Lots of rest in bed= no calorie burn
2. Eatting ice cream at night
3. I enjoyed being told not exercise at all. None. Zippo...Zilch.
4. even though I gaing 10, I can now feel my left leg because of the successful back surgery
5. I caught up on all my DVR'd shows and reality t.v......I swear those shows make you gain.
6. Pretty much eatting anything I wanted, which I obviously enjoy
7. snuggling in bed with my dog, kitty cat and kiddos
8. My boobs got bigger
9. At least I am not pregnant.
10. There is more of me to love
There it is.....I am back on track today. The Dr. has given me the go ahead to start exercising slowly. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful that the surgery was totally successful. And I am grateful that I know how to lose it, just mad that I have to do it again.